Friday, December 12, 2008

Even sweeter

I finished the Jane Austen shrug, to accompany the Jane Austen dress.

shrug back

Shrugs, by their nature, need a person inside them to give then shape and line. I'm hoping it will fit the dotee, whom I haven't seen for the last 5 months.

shrug front

The tiny cable, edged by moss stitch, is the perfect detail for this otherwise simple design.

shrug detail

Both the shrug and the dress are from Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne's Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines.

I'm taking it with me tomorrow on my trip to the Philippines where I'll meet up with the dotee and her parents for Christmas. Maybe the dress and shrug can begin a tradition of a grandmotherly gift of a special Christmas dress.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Wow, I love those colors with the fabric. Isn't it great how it doesn't match but it comes together? The shrug really will fit! Road-tested!

Happy travels,
Kay

Rose Red said...

Love the shrug - and that little cable detail is divine - I hadn't noticed that in the book!

I think a special dress at Christmas is a great tradition for the dotee. Hope you have a great trip.

Anna said...

I hope your not still feeling grumpy!

Cecilia said...

This is so beautiful! I'm sure The Dotee will look absolutely adorable in it. Hope you are having fun in the Phillipines.