Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My favourite things 2

As you come through the front door of my new apartment and walk along the hallway there's now a set of five drawers that fit perfectly and glide closed. I've appropriated the top drawer for bills to be paid and keys and sticky tape and string and the bits and pieces of everyday life I don't want to lose. But the other four drawers are just for my shoes:

shoe drawer

What a luxury. No more shoes shoved into the bottom of the wardrobe or lined up under the bed. Each drawer easily fits six pairs and, if I had enough shoes, I could probably fit another layer of shoes (though not boots) into each drawer.

It's the neatest, most organised part of the apartment...and it gives me such pleasure.

6 comments:

Sally said...

So smart!!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

why is it that the organisation of shoes leaves such a good feeling. i love seeing mine all lined up to, but i dont have groovy drawers like you. very smart indeed!

Yoga Knitdra said...

I cleaned my house today and can relate to shoe-organisation satisfaction, its the best! I often wondered what others do with their bills, keys etc when they first walk in the house. A draw is very neat.

Rose Red said...

I LOVE YOUR SHOE DRAWERS!! (I think you probably knew I'd say that!). And I'm so envious of them too. I totally get the pleasure of the drawers!

1funkyknitwit said...

SERIOUSLY ENVIOUS of this!!!!! :D

Fab idea, I have loads of stairs in my place only they're not closed in like yours :( you could only imagine what I could stash in them otherwise ...hehheh

Emily said...

Lovely!

We've got low units with shelves (and currently vast amounts of dust) in our hall, for shoes too. Plan is cushions on top so can sit and do up boots when necessary. I feel confirmed in our choice as you have done something similar!