Friday, December 7, 2012

Watch your step!

As we traveled throughout China we heard 'watch your step!' many times each day. Uneven footpaths; busy road crossings; paths through caves or gardens; the Great Wall, embarking and disembarking from boats; all were accompanied by the advice to 'watch your step'. Everybody did watch their step, and we completed the trip accident-free.

Victoria Katarina cruise ship

However, I didn't succeed in remembering this advice once I'd returned to Australia. After a couple of days back in Sydney I slipped and fell and broke my hip.

I'm now well on the way to recovery with a bright shiny new artificial hip. But I do wish I'd watched my step.

10 comments:

Sally said...

Oh that's just crazy! Dear Lyn, so sorry to hear about your hip, but so glad you're feeling shiny and new. Please take care and know you're in my thoughts.

NessaKnits said...

As bad as it is to have broken your hip if could have been worse in China ... Hope you mend well and soon.

Anonymous said...

So good to see a post from you! Does that mean you have wifi? Hope the food is good and that you are sleeping ok.

Yarna said...

Agree with RoseRed - it is good to see you blogging! Trust rehab is going well, that you are sleeping and knitting! We miss you!

Lynne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall; I hope you are well on the way to recovery and someone is looking after you really well.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that you are up and posting. I've been worried about you. Do you need a care parcel of yarn, needle and pattern (maybe something mindless stockingetty?)

Taphophile said...

Oh Lyn - what an absolute bugger! Trust that rehab is going well.

DrK said...

the irony of the whole thing is almost too much to bear. i am very glad to see you getting slowly better and i hope you are home and sleeping comforbtably soon. k xx

SallyO said...

I REALLY feel for you, having been in a similar position. I'm so sorry this has happened and you'll be well on the way to recovery soon.

Brendaknits said...

Oh Dear! I am so sorry you had such a fall. Will you be sedentary for awhile? More knitting time if that is so.